Saturday, January 28, 2012

Because He Lives

I am always in awe of the wisdom and direction God gives. Why it surprises me I still don't know, but it always seems to pleasantly do so. I am so thankful for a God who is my friend and confidant who walks beside me and holds my hand through this journey called life. What I would do without Him in this journey on earth is beyond me. I love that I have a hope eternal to look forward to. I was listening to David Crowder today as I made dinner and the hymn "Because He Lives" came on. Listen to the words some time again. What peace and assurance it brings to my very soul.

"Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives, all fear is gone.
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living just because He lives."

Oh sweet assurance......


The past couple of weeks have been crazy busy, but amidst my chaos my Heavenly Father holds my hand and guides me through the muck and mire and sheds light on all that is truly important.

#935: time spent with a dear sister in Christ who encouraged me in my mothering and wifely duties
#936: progress in our family unity
#937: God showing me clear direction where my son's health is concerned
#938: opportunities to share my journey with others
#939: chances to encourage others in their walk with Christ
#940: messes everywhere.......reminders of what is truly important in life
#941: parents who love to have their grandchildren spend time with them.....a blessing to all
#942: healthy children who play hockey and do dance with all the passion they have in their bodies
#943: a man who loves me unconditionally and supports me in all my duties
#944: the reminders all around me that this is not my home
#945: the examples of those who have gone before us
#946: neighbors and friends who bless us with "old" furniture that we need and they no longer do
#947: witnessing spiritual growth in our small group
#948: safety of a friend who went through surgery last minute yesterday
#949: good deals at a thrift store to help out with our food pantry
#950: God's provision at work

4 comments:

  1. Love your thankful heart, Carrie. You inspire me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Claire, it hasn't always been that way, nor is it always. But God has certainly shown me over the years how very faithful He is even in the darkest days. Love you tons!

      Delete
  2. YES GIRL!!! so thankful for all God is working into your lives..His glory is soooo evident...I too, am grateful beyond words that 'He lives'..and He holds the future...

    Getting up in the morning is worth it all..Because HE IS!!

    Love ya girl~ ox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that He holds my every day in the palm of His hands. How very faithful He is! Love you too!!!! Keep on keeping on! xo

      Delete