Monday, January 30, 2012

Having it all together

Do I have to ALWAYS have it together?

I feel like lately I NEVER have it together!

But what is having it all together anyways?

Does it mean that my house is spotless, my kids well-behaved, everyone prim and proper looking? No! It should mean that no matter what I am doing that my heart is focused on what is truly important which is Jesus and all that He means in my life. If I'm scrubbing toilets, I should be thankful that I can bend and clean it and thankful that I don't have to bear my bare bottom on the side of the street in a ditch because we don't have indoor plumbing. When I am picking up the clutter for the millionth time this week I should be thankful for the abundance of "stuff" that we own and that I have 4 healthy children and a wonderful husband who use all this "stuff".

My Savior has given me everlasting life. I think that I can give Him time out of every day to spend time in His Word and also helping those He puts in my path who need a helping, compassionate hand. This week it is a friend from our small group who had surgery and has 3 little ones. Last week it was helping out a neighbor who needed me to watch her child while she did a job. The week before that it was to encourage a dear sister-in-Christ that in time she will heal and be ok because I have walked in her shoes.

God gives us ample opportunities every day and every week. If we are in tune to Him then we will have it all together. We will be ready, willing servants for the greater good of bringing people closer to the one who gave us all a chance at eternal life.

Heavenly Father, thank you for opportunity and thank you for your grace in my own life that I can share with those you put in front of me today. Help me to see through your eyes who it is you want me to love for you this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment