Thursday, April 21, 2011

Life Can be Hard

John 16:33b~"In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Praise the Lord!!! Can I hear an AMEN?!? Life is so depressing some days isn't it? A new friend of mine who I got to know through reading her blog as she wrote about her baby she would lose to Anencephaly after birth(maybe before). Her baby died December 3rd. Brian and I lost a baby. My family all suffers from Lyme disease and is enduring long-term treatment. A good friend of mine, her little girl is being tested for Cystic Fibrosis. A friend of ours is in prison. Another friend of mine(a couple actually) have gone through cancer treatment. Why is life so difficult? Why are things so hard? There are so many more I could share right now but I won't. I don't want to depress you. Look at the verse again. Jesus has overcome the world!!! This is all temporary. We live in a sinful fallen world where God doesn't promise an easy road, but instead His grace to hold us up on this journey. Remember 2 Corinthians 12:9~ "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." And Romans 8:18~"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us." God allows trials to come our way because they are to grow our faith, turn our eyes to Him and bring glory to Him. Jeremiah 29:11~"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a future and a hope." Our job is to hold onto Him in the dark days. John 15:4~"Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me." We can't do it alone!!! He is totally available to us. We just need to hold onto those roots!!!

On a lighter note to leave you with.....When I parked at Walmart today there was a bald man walking through the parking lot toward his car as I was walking into the store. My hair was blowing into my eyes, my mouth, etc(you get the picture). I was thinking at that moment that "Wouldn't it be nice to be able to be bald and not have your hair to blow in your face on a windy day." Let's just say I didn't pick the best day to take the time to fix my hair all nice. Take it a step further, I wouldn't have to buy shampoo or expensive hair products or waste all that time every morning to blow dry and style it!!!

Hope you are all keeping your eyes on our Savior today!!! He is Lord because He saved us and we accepted, now let Him be Lord over all the other areas of your life!!! Trust Him with all your cares....I Peter 5:7~"Cast all your cares on Him for He cares for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment