Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Proven Faithful Yet Again! :)

Philippians 4:19~ "And my God will supply every need of yours according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus."


So God far exceeded my expectations today. Are you surprised?!? I was, and I'm not sure why!! :) First, Kelsey's appointment with the cardiologist went early and really well!!! She had her EKG and we saw the doctor(whom I love) and he was great with her(he was last year also). He said that she should be treated like a healthy little girl and that he didn't feel the need to see her again unless we have some concern we know where to find him. YAY!!! One done! :) She also didn't need the 24 hour heart monitor. He didn't feel the need. He said with patients with lyme sometimes get heart blockage and that she obviously didn't have that and that she was good to go! :)


So I called Brian who was at Dr. Carr's with Bradley and Dylan. He came and picked us up and instead of needing to wait until 1:30 to see Dr. Carr we were able to go straight there and have Kelsey's and My appointments because we got done early and he didn't have another patient until 11:30! YAY again! Our appointments went well with him also. Brian is on new meds that will hopefully help with his neurological symptoms and also hopefully won't give him as much trouble with his stomach. That and he doesn't have to worry about taking it 20 minutes before eating or worry about being in the sun with this new med. Bradley and Dylan are to continue doing what they are. We got them up to full amounts just Tuesday. It has been a rough couple of days and will continue to be so for a while, but God is bigger than this and I need to just take it in stride as much as I am able to. They are more tired, more irritable, and severely lacking self-control. For those of you saying, discipline them....it isn't that simple, trust me I know. Brian and I both experienced the aweful lack of self-control and irritability when we started treatment. It is the point at which you get worse before better and it is HARD!!! We need to have a massive extra dose of patience and love during this time. Kelsey is to continue doing what she is doing with her meds also. She is making progress on the ones she is on. Every month we are seeing improvement still and has not plateau'd yet. When she does, then he will switch her up again.

And me, well I just need to lower my expectations. I need to not expect the house to be clean, life to be calm and in order. He said "If there is food on the table every day and they have clothes on their back each morning(even if the shirt is dirty) then it has been a good day." He said to think of it as someone having just had a heart attack or going through cancer treatment. He reminded me what the main focus would be. That it is important to take care of getting everyone better, period. This is hard for me, and if you wouldn't mind praying for me in this it would be great. I have a really hard thing looking at clutter or dirt piled high, but for now to some degree I need to let it go. If not for my kid's and Brian's sake, for my own mental health.


The other really cool thing was that I was asking him about herbs alongside of antibiotics. I had heard that they helped speed up the process and he said that it would only make you feel better but would not actually get rid of the lyme. Then, on the way home Brian was sharing with me about a woman at work who had a relative who treated with herbs and was now really sick again. I felt this was such a huge answer to prayer for me. I needed to hear this. I have been asking God if we should add herbs to our regimen, but I feel that God is showing us that it is an expense that is unnecessary.


I am so glad for His continued direction in this journey. He truly is a Faithful God!!! He has never let me down and He isn't about to now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment