Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Out the door we go......

So my morning was actually quite calm this morning and I thought "Wow, this went well compared to most mornings". Until we hit the bus stop and Dylan got out of the van and realized that he hadn't gotten dressed. He was still wearing the same clothes from yesterday! So he proceeded to walk back down the road to the house while I waited with Kelsey to get her on the bus. I then had to go pick him up and drive him to school.....LOL. So much for my smooth sailing morning......Compared to yesterday however it was really easier. Yesterday the boys had projects due which they had supposedly finished the night before, but then in the AM realized that they needed crazy glue to stay together better. So I called Brian to ask where it was and proceeded to attach the pieces together and still they didn't stay well, so we had to just be satisfied with the product. They apparently have spirit week this week as well and thought of it that morning and wanted to have shirts that had hockey names and logos on them. They didn't have the appropriate jerseys that they wanted. Bradley's shirt was in the washing machine mid-cycle and we had 45 minutes. So I proceeded to spin it out and grab it out and throw it in the dryer. We had 5 minutes to spare and were frantically writing all of the information on the shirt. He finished just as he had to walk out the door for his ride to school. PHEW!!! I tell you, by the time they all get out the door for school by 8:30 I am ready for a nap. I have done half a day's work by then!!! LOL.

On a more serious note, God was reminding me that His purpose and plan for our lives is to glorify Him, even in those crazy moments of the day where we are rushing around frantically trying to prepare ourselves for the day ahead. He wants us to acknowledge Him even in our craziness. Life is busy and messy but He is in the midst of it all. Not yelling or getting frustrated is so important. It can be stressful, but so what.....tomorrow it will all be gone, so why not enjoy the chaos while it is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment