Monday, May 16, 2011

Closer

Closer

Shawn McDonald

"Where ever you go

Where ever you are

I just want to be there with you

I just want to be closer to you

I just want to be closer, I am yours

You can have all of me, anything, everything

I just want to be even closer"


Do you want to be closer to Him? I do. As I listened to this song this morning(at least I think it was this song) I was thinking that very thing. The funny thing is do we want the process of getting closer to Him? God's still small voice spoke to me as my heart cried out "Yes, God, that is what I want". He said to me "I am doing that right now." All the trials we are facing.....the purpose is to draw me closer to Him. It is to make me crave more of Him, because He is the only one who can truly satisfy my needs in a deep way. He knows my inner being better than I do and He knows exactly what I need and when I need it. So, when going through dark times of life(and they will come) He is the very air that we breathe. He is our all....if we let Him. So again I ask you.....do you really want to be closer to Him? It is well worth the journey, but noone ever said it would be easy. Trust in the one who has your soul's interest in mind. He is certainly trustworthy.


On a different note: I have been reading One Thousand Gifts. It has been an awesome journey learning how to intentionally give thanks always and in everything. So for the past two nights during devotions we have read verses on giving thanks and each of the kids have started a "thankfulness" journal/list. I told them that hopefully we will enjoy it so much that before we die we will get to a million and beyond! :) I pray that this shows them just how much we have to be thankful for each and every day, but also that it blesses the soul to praise the giver of all these amazing gifts! He is so good. We need to not just think our thanks but verbalize it and write it down so when we are feeling "unloved" we can go to the list and see just how loved and blessed we truly are!


I hope you desire to draw closer to our Savior tonight and that you begin a journal/journey of thankfulness. It is a great practice to get into!

No comments:

Post a Comment