Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What's more important?

What's more important to you today? Your house being clean? Or time with your kids and husband?

I got doctor's orders last week to change my expectations. It was hard at first, but now it is growing on me. I actually had time to play a game with Dylan tonight before supper instead of doing my dishes and cleaning up the neverending clutter. But that is the kicker of it all, the clutter truly is neverending, so whether I pick it up today, tomorrow, or next week....it won't be any different the amount of time or clutter there is. If I cleaned thoroughly today, tomorrow or the next day it would be right back there. I'm not saying live in filth. I don't either, but what is truly important?

Will my kids remember that my house was clean? No. Will they remember that cleaning my house was more important than spending time with them? Yes!!!

I had the opportunity to meet my "blogger friend" for the first time tonight and it was such a blessing. She lost her precious girl Rachel to anencephaly in December. She has 3 other children. It reminded me of losing Ethan almost 7 years ago now. My point? We wish with all our hearts that we could spend a day, a week, a month, the rest of our lives enjoying that precious child that we never had the joy of spending any time with and yet here we have 3 beautiful healthy children(4 now) to spend our time with, sharing God's love and joy with. And what do I do? I clean!!! What is wrong with me?!?

I'm glad that I got doctor's orders, that we all got sick and I needed that prescription to stop cleaning and get my family well. I know that sounds crazy, but God knows what I need even before I do, far better than I do!

The moral of the story, stop being OCD about your house and enjoy your family instead. It truly is here today and gone tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment