Saturday, May 7, 2011

From Sorrow to Joy

So today I had an emotionally blessed day! Brian and I and the kids went to help build a playground in Rachel Alice Aube's memory. Our neighbors and friends the Unger's went with us and it was such a blessing. I cried, I laughed, I worked hard(my muscles ache), I sweat, and it was all good! I had some time away from my precious kiddos(they were watched by some amazing people inside the church with some awesome activities). It was a physical, mental, spiritual, emotional, and whole being refreshing time! I am so thankful that God knew what I needed again. I was a bit bumming at the thought of not getting anything done here at home yet again and yet this was exactly what I needed today! I am so dirty right now....can't wait to go get a shower, but I had to just share what an impact serving others when you are feeling alone and down has on your soul. I have been struggling with our home being a mess and our family not feeling well constantly that I was just feeling ick today. Yet going and being a blessing to this family in this capacity brought such joy to my heart. I am exhausted, but it isn't a mentally, emotionally exhausted....it is a physically, I worked hard for a great cause today exhausted. So I guess I share this all with you to say that when you feel down and depressed and sorry for yourself, serve someone else. It will bring such joy to your heart and a smile to your face. You will feel so much better afterwards, not because your circumstances changed, but because you have followed God's call on your life to help someone else and been a blessing to those people. He truly knows what we need way better than we ever could! I am so thankful for that.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Carrie! So very true! God bless you and your little family! Happy Mother's Day!!! I LOVE that I found your blog, by the way..... :0)

    ReplyDelete