Tuesday, May 10, 2011

God's Hands and Feet

My heart is aching tonight. The sorrows of this world can be so heavy and yet knowing that God is in control of it all makes everything bearable. No matter what curve-ball life throws us God is holding us up with His hand. Romans 8 is a chapter of the Bible that my Aunt gave me when we lost Ethan almost 7 years ago and it has been a source of hope and encouragement ever since. I would encourage all of you to open your Bible's and read it tonight. No matter what you are facing it will lift you up and remind you that we have so much more to look forward to.

I encouraged each of my kids as I tucked them into bed to put God first in every day of their life. That without Him the trials we face would overwhelm us and leave us hopeless and empty, but with Him the strength, power, and joy that fills our lives will overflow into those around us. Even when we are in the darkest trial of our lives we can radiate pure joy! His joy! He is our strength. He gives peace that passes all understanding.

A blog I follow was talking about not always knowing what is going on in the lives of people around us. And I was thinking even of myself tonight as I left the doctor's office with Dylan that the people there would never know the pain I have faced in the past 24 hours. Sometimes we can be so short and impatient and irritable with people and we have no idea the pain that they are harboring inside them. We need to have God's love for every person we come in contact with and have His patience also. We can minister to their heart just by loving them even when they may be unloveable.

God is calling us to be a testimony to each and every person that we meet daily. How have you completed that part of His will for your life today? His hands and feet....

No comments:

Post a Comment