Thursday, February 9, 2012

God's Balm for my Aching Heart

I love how God gives us just what we need when we need it the most. I bought a devotional when I was out shopping with my SIL per her suggestion called "Jesus Calling". They are just quick, short ones, but they lift my spirit for sure. It is like God is speaking balm to my aching heart. I love when the day you read something it is just what you needed. He is meeting me in my trying times that is for sure.

Here is what I read(some of it) on Tuesday:
"Come to me for rest and refreshment. The journey has been too much for you, and you are boneweary. Do not be ashamed of your exhaustion. Instead, see it as an opportunity for Me to take charge of your life."

"....your weariness results from your constant battle against these opponents(the world, the flesh, and the devil). However, you are on the path of My choosing, so do not give up! Hope in Me, for you will again praise Me for the help of My Presence."

Here is what I read yesterday:
"I am above all things: your problems, your pain, and the swirling events in this ever-changing world. When you behold My Face, you rise above circumstances and rest with Me in heavenly realms.......When you feel yourself sinking in the sea of circumstances, say 'Help me, Jesus!' and I will draw you back to me......I know your weakness, and I meet you in that very place."

Can I just tell you how much this brought me to tears. It is EXACTLY where I am right now and God met me in the muck and mire, just like a Good Shepherd will. He is so precious to me. I truly don't know how I would walk even one day without Him right now.

#952: a Shepherd who cares for me deeply
#953: trials that refine me
#954: how God meets me where I am at
#955: how God gives me what I need when I need it most
#956: dear friends who pray and encourage and spur me on(thank you Angelica Smith, you are precious to me)
#957: my goofy son who makes me smile even in my worse moments
#958: my husband who just wraps his arms around me and comforts me in my pain
#959: friends and neighbor who help in tangible ways with our kids and understand that I am not completly psychotic, just weary(Sandy & Mike Unger you are true blessings to our family...thank you)
#960: God's Word that gives me my daily bread and keeps my eyes on Him

2 comments:

  1. ....and you are a blessing to me girl~..how I LOVE SEEING THE WORK OF GOD'S GRACE IN YOUR LIFE~ox

    ReplyDelete