Monday, February 13, 2012

Perseverance

You know you have had a rough week when you haven't even had time to clean your toilets which take all of 5 minutes each to clean thoroughly; and since I can't stand dirty toilets, this tells you something about my week. We have had appointment after appointment for the past two weeks and this week is even worse......come on next week! :)

God is sustaining me through these crazy days in spite of myself. I am worn out, but have not given up yet. I know that this is a stage of life, though it has been two long years of many appointments weekly and it doesn't seem to be slowing down; instead it is getting worse at the moment. But, all that said, I know that God has a plan even in all of this.

I commented to Brian the other day how this is God's will for our life right now. He commented back "No this was not in God's plans; sickness, disease, etc." He is right....it wasn't in God's original plans. But like Job I choose to continue to praise Him in these trials because I know that "the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind." (James 1: 3b-6)

In all of these health trials we have faced I have asked God for wisdom and He continues to give direction and confirmation. It has been and continues to be a long road. But knowing that in the end there is a hope waiting for me, even if it means after this life on earth, it is sooooo worth the wait. My sister-in-law says "it's only a life sentence." And I thank my heavenly Father for His promises to me of eternity. He has not disappointed me yet and I know for certain that He will not then either! I for one, can't wait! :)

Until then, I continue to persevere. Lord Jesus, keep my eyes on the prize which is you.

No comments:

Post a Comment